FW: [mythtv-users] CLE266 hardware mpeg

Thomas Fjellstrom tfjellstrom at strangesoft.net
Mon Dec 1 11:21:12 EST 2003

On December 1, 2003 08:32 am, Jelle Kalf wrote:
> Expect it to be slower. Check the bogomips on the Tbird 900.
> Here are my stats from the Nehemiah: (I run it with a 256MB PC2100 piece of
> mem)
>
> video root # cat /proc/cpuinfo
> processor       : 0
> vendor_id       : CentaurHauls
> cpu family      : 6
> model           : 9
> model name      : VIA Nehemiah
> stepping        : 3
> cpu MHz         : 999.532
> cache size      : 64 KB
> fdiv_bug        : no
> hlt_bug         : no
> f00f_bug        : no
> coma_bug        : no
> fpu             : yes
> fpu_exception   : yes
> cpuid level     : 1
> wp              : yes
> flags           : fpu de pse tsc msr mtrr pge cmov mmx fxsr sse xstore
> bogomips        : 1992.29

Well, the bogomips are less, and its a Old Tbird, so no sse. But it has a much
larger cache... That could make a difference.

processor       : 0
vendor_id       : AuthenticAMD
cpu family      : 6
model           : 4
model name      : AMD Athlon(tm) processor
stepping        : 2
cpu MHz         : 899.674
cache size      : 256 KB
fdiv_bug        : no
hlt_bug         : no
f00f_bug        : no
coma_bug        : no
fpu             : yes
fpu_exception   : yes
cpuid level     : 1
wp              : yes
flags           : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat
pse36 mmx fxsr syscall mmxext 3dnowext 3dnow
bogomips        : 1789.13

Depends on how much the bogomips actually corresponds to something like a long
compile... ohh, its also a 100mhz buss, so I'll bet the Nemiah will at least
keep pace with it, if not be a bit faster. (My new XP 2400+ will likely kick
its bacon though) ohh. wait, I remember hearing about issues with the Nemiah
not supporting some of the optional instructions.. I'll have to read the
howto again :D

[snip]

--
Thomas Fjellstrom