[mythtv-users] Jumping picture

Jelle Kalf jelle at kalf.org
Mon Dec 1 10:09:24 EST 2003

It's a problem of mythtv indeed, not of your drive. Even if you set it to
full PAL with the test_ioctl program you'll still get a shaken image in
mythtv. That's because Mythtv automagically sets it back to 480x480.  Go to
your Settings, TV Settings, Recording profiles and change your Default
Setting and your LIVETV setting to 720x576 and see your problem go bye bye!
Change both liveTV and Default Setting, why? Because you'll be watching live
tv and have a perfect image, but when you record with default settings you
still get that shaken image.

Jelle

RW> I have just installed MythTV on my Redhat 9 system. I used apt to
RW> install the whole suite. Nearly everything works fine, got my remote
RW> working and everything. But the problem is watching Live TV, the
RW> picture jumps up/down a couple of pixels about 3-4 times per second.
RW> I have searched on the net for a solution, but found none. I have
RW> tried to switch on/off the interlace setting, the jitter setting and
RW> I have played around with my XF86Config, but no luck. My TV card is
RW> a Hauppage PVR 250. It is connected to a cable decoder. If I record
RW> from a terminal using this command: # cat /dev/video0 >
RW> /tmp/test_capture.mpg, and afterwards play it with MPlayer the
RW> picture is perfect, no jumping. Is there a kind person here on the list
who can help me?

Set the full PAL resolution in the capture settings.

--
Best regards,
 Oscar                            mailto:oscar.carlsson at home.se