FW: [mythtv-users] CLE266 hardware mpeg

Thomas Fjellstrom tfjellstrom at strangesoft.net
Mon Dec 1 10:05:56 EST 2003

On December 1, 2003 03:49 am, Jelle Kalf wrote:
> Hi Adam,
>
> Are you using gentoo as well? I use the howto on http://blade5.bvu.edu/
> Don't forget with gentoo you compile EVERY package you have. So it
> basically ment I took a stage3 tarball and started compiling from there on.
> Xfree, mozilla, gnome, mythtv, transcode and mplayer (included ALL codecs).
>
> I'm using a linux 2.4.23-pre9-epia1 kernel as described in
> http://blade5.bvu.edu/. When I load via_v4l_drv I get my /dev/video0 video1
> and video2 devices. I haven't tried putting anything through that yet
> because I wasn't done compiling yet. I started Sunday morning 4:30am (don't
> ask, I just had to get it up and running).... And from then on it compiled
> straight through the day, at night the PSU broke (have to get a new one)
> and from this morning on it's compiling transcode / gnome /
> moz-firebird-cvs).

You wern't asking me.. But hey, I'll answer.. I'll be getting my M10000N board
sometime this week (tues/wed), and will attempt to install Gentoo from a
stage one tarbal :D Then even libc will be setup with optimizations.. Should
only take a day, maybe a day and a half, unless the via board at 1g is that
much slower than my Tbird @ 900... I hope not.. But Even if its a bit slower,
my 900 was capable of DVD playback, so it should be good enough.

--
Thomas Fjellstrom
tfjellstrom at strangesoft.net
http://strangesoft.net