[mythtv-users] CLE266 hardware mpeg

Jelle Kalf jelle at kalf.org
Mon Dec 1 05:08:31 EST 2003

Hi Russel,

I'm working on an epia-M as well. I haven't tried it since I bought the
machine last Saturday. But Tako Schotanus in this mailinglist has more
experience with it.

I'm using Gentoo Linux for my VCR. Currently it seems my machine has
compiled everything just as it should and also the hardware mpeg driver
seems to be working. Do know that getting gentoo installed will take you 2
days straight compiling ;) but it will offer up to 20% speed advantage as
apposed to RedHat. That's because I compiled every piece of optimization I
could find for the epia-m board.

Don't just use xfree stock btw. Do install the special via-drm drivers to
get a better performance on your Xfree.

I'm running a 2.4.23-pre9-epia1 kernel. Http://blade5.bvu.edu/wiki/ has all
the patches to patch a vanilla 2.4.22 kernel up to 2.4.23-pre9 :)

Jelle Kalf.