[mythtv-users] Help! The nVidia driver is freezing my TV-OUT!

blanny blanny at uncompiled.com
Sun Aug 31 19:01:01 EDT 2003

Hi,

Mythtv is a great project.  I just have a few things left to do before I
can start using it out in the living room.  My main problem is that the
TV-Out on my Nvidia GeForce 4 Ti freezes after 5-10 minutes.  It seems
to be only X that freezes, along with the keyboard and mouse because I
can ssh in and switch back to runlevel 3.  I have been browsing this
list and the nvidia linux user list for about 3 months and I have found
many posts about this same problem.  I can honestly say I have tried to
fix this problem on my own but right now I am at the end of my rope.  I
dont have this problem with the standard nv driver.  Can someone who has
incountered the same problem please lend me a hand.  I dare not say I
have tried everything, but sometimes it feels like it.  I am using
Redhat 9 with 2.4.20-19.9 kernel, the latest apt version of
Mythtv+extras, CVS version of ivtv, CVS lirc, latest Nvidia driver
1.0-4496,  and I have attached my particulars; I didn't know if it was
more appropriate to cut and paste or to just attatch the files.

Thanks in advance

blan