[mythtv-users] mythgame fullscreen issues (partially solved)

Jarod C. Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Sun Aug 31 14:42:53 EDT 2003

On Sunday, Aug 31, 2003, at 13:00 US/Pacific, Aran Cox wrote:

> So, I finally got around to trying out mythgame, and I ran into a
> problem getting fullscreen for mame and snes9x.
>
> The issue with xmame seems to be that I need to pass -x11-mode 3 to get
> full screen going.  I beleive this causes xmame to use xv scaling to
> make the image fit the screen.  Perhaps I'll make a patch that makes
> the
> -x11-mode an option, but for now I just modified the code to always use
> 3.  (Maybe it is an option and I missed it.)

I believe the problem is that some recent versions of xmame changed to
using -x11-mode 3 instead of -fullscreen, and mythgame is coded for
-fullscreen when calling mythgame. You might try using xmame-SDL. It
runs full screen just fine on my system with no modifications.

--Jarod

--
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE

Got a question? Read this first...