[mythtv-users] Re: MythVideo error

rwk at americom.com rwk at americom.com
Sun Aug 31 09:55:55 EDT 2003

> >Likewise...  Do you have some eaxmples which consistently fail for you?
> >

> I've only tried with a copy files, SWAT and I forget the others.  I'm
> busy working on R3 at the moment, but when I get ready to test it, I'll
> try some others.

I just tried SWAT and got a list of 10 movies or so, none of them SWAT.
But at least it gave me a chance to enter the IMDB number.  When I
entered: 0257076 it printed "MyhVideo: Error parsing poster filename."
and failed.

Is this what you get?

Same thing happens on Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers...

If I creatw the file name as "S.W.A.T.", it fails completely (i.e., does
not even import the filename into the database correctly.  It imports
"S W A".

I think the authors ought to do some work on this algorithm.  There
shouldn't be any characters in file names which cause it to fail.

I also noticed that non-ascii characters are converted to html entity
names but then the display fails to convert them back to iso8859-1, so
they print with the &#XXX; characters.  I see this mainly in the "plot"
field.

Is there a formal bug reporting procedure or does one simply post these
here?

Dick