[mythtv-users] Program data question

Joe Votour joevph at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 30 23:39:49 EDT 2003

It all depends on which source of data you use.  I'll
take a guess by your comcast.net e-mail address that
you're somewhere within the United States.

In the U.S. the data is scraped from zap2it.com.  It
seems fairly reliable, but that's up to the individual
networks.  The schedule for TBS, especially late at
night seems to be inaccurate, but that's probably the
fault of TBS.  It's ticking me off because I'm a fan
of the TV show CHiPs (yes, please don't flame, I like
some hokey 70's TV), and the time that the show is
actually shown tends to vary from the TV Guide
information (both from tvguide.com and zap2it.com) by
up to an hour.

The downside to scraping the listings is that
zap2it.com changes their format every now and then to
break XMLTV.  Fair enough, I guess.

The best way to see if you can get listings for your
area and your type of system (i.e. cable, satelite,
etc.), is to go to zap2it.com.

-- Joe