[mythtv-users] pcHDTV and ivtv dont play nice

ndep8515 ndep8515 at postoffice.uri.edu
Sat Aug 30 20:01:29 EDT 2003

after much experience with my pchdtv and ivtv card (freestyle) and talking to
many people on both sides, the ivtv and pchdtv driver DO NOT play together
nicley.. my situation is (with gentoo linux)

I boot at first with ivtv since hdtv isnt really till primetime anyways.
if I want to switch to hdtv I rmmod ivtv and modprobe the other hdtv driver.

if i want to switch back I HAVE to reboot ivtv wont reload ..it just
crashes...

weird problems, im sure they will be fixed. if anyone can prove me wrong who
has a similar setup let me know.

Nick