[mythtv-users] Cheap card with spdif out supported by alsa?

Juha juhis at trinity.is-a-geek.com
Fri Aug 29 23:44:20 EDT 2003

Hello all,

I'd be grateful for some information on alsa support for soundcards. My
old SB live player 5.1 broke down and now I need a new one. Basically
all I need is a card that has digital spdif output (either coaxial or
optical) and support for ac3 passthrough. I was thinking of a cs46xx
based card, eg. Hercules Fortissimo III, which is about 45 euros here in
Finland, but I really don't need all of its functionality so I thought
of asking here for a cheaper alternative. Any recomendations?

Thanks in advance

Juha