[mythtv-users] nuv -> svcd... FINALLY!

aaron aiperl at rogers.com
Fri Aug 29 13:18:26 EDT 2003

On Fri, 29 Aug 2003 08:08:08 -0700 spake Chris of:

> > Illegal nuv file format:  1031_20030826220000_20030826230000.nuv
> > I wonder if it's because I could never get the mplayer patch to work
> > properly?(I see mention of a patched mplayer requirement at the top of the
> > nuvexport script...)
>
> actually, svcd encoding doesn't use mplayer anymore.  I just havent'
> updated most of the script.
>
> What kind of nuv file is it - rtjpeg, mpeg4 or a pvr-250 output?

It's mpeg4. Recorded at 480x480 resolution. Other details available upon
request. :)

I suspect the file is valid, because I can play it in Myth without any
difficulties. It was recorded with Myth CVS from about a week ago.

I've been hoping for an SVCD export capability for many months now, so I'm
happy to help get this to work in any way I can. :)

aaron