[mythtv-users] Re: Capture card with best tuner - BT8x8, SA713x or PVR-250?

Joe Votour joevph at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 28 19:42:09 EDT 2003

Jarod,

Well then, I guess I've eliminated the hardware
issues, that's good to know.  :)

Do you have any recommendations on good signal
boosters?  I've actually tried a couple, and they
didn't really help.  Part of my problem is that I have
a cable modem so I have to make sure that I get a
two-way booster.  Although I've said this before,
here's how my signal comes in:
1. Wire into Apartment (no barrel plug on a wall plate
like normal, it's a wire)
2. Two-way splitter, one wire to the TV, one wire to
the cable modem (this was installed by Comcast, my
cable provider)
3. A splitter off of the TV wire, one to the Myth box,
one to the TV.

I guess this weekend (now that I'm finally working
again, yay!), I'll disconnect everything and hook the
MythTV machine straight to the line coming into the
apartment.  Perhaps that will give me enough of a
signal boost to make it usable, in which case, I'll
try putting in another booster to have the signal
behind a couple of splitters (although this didn't
work last time).

-- Joe