[mythtv-users] ivtv driver settings or mythtv settings take precedence?

Dana Hata estespark at 141.com
Thu Aug 28 20:19:37 EDT 2003

I am using MythTV with the ivtv driver for the PVR 250.  I always set
these settings after loading the driver, so I don't get huge files.

test_ioctl -f width=360,height=240
test_ioctl -c bitrate=2000000,bitrate_peak=2000000

My question is, I noticed some of these settings can also be set in the
Recording profiles section of mythtv.  Which one would take precedence?
Do the mythtv settings work at all with hardware encoding?  Must I
always set these settings with test_ioctl?

Dan