[mythtv-users] Jerkiness after Channel Change

Wood, Mike Mike.Wood at marriott.com
Thu Aug 28 12:31:36 EDT 2003

Gang,

I just read through the thread from a couple weeks ago concerning this issue
and it sounds like Isaac fixed it, as of August 1st or so.  However, I'm
running CVS from just last week and I still have this issue.  It sounds like
the previous thread was focusing on remote Frontends.  Mine is a single box
running both front & back...could that make a difference with this issue?
The issue as it was described in the previous thread is exactly what I'm
experiencing.  When I first start live TV everything is perfect, but as soon
as I change the channel, the picture and sound become jerky.  If I escape
back to the menu, then go right back in again, the problem goes away...but
only until I change the channel.  Also, if I hit pause for a second or 2,
then continue watching, the problem is cleared up...again, only until I
change the channel.

Since Isaac seems to have fixed the problem, I'm really hoping it was only
fixed on the Remote Frontend setup.....and so hopefully there's a quick fix
for my setup as well?  maybe?  Is anyone else seeing this issue with a
combined frontend/backend box?

Thanks, Mike

This communication contains information from Marriott International, Inc.
that may be confidential. Except for personal use by the intended recipient,
or as expressly authorized by the sender, any person who receives this
information is prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing, and/or
using it.  If you have received this communication in error, please
immediately delete it and all copies, and promptly notify the sender.
Nothing in this communication is intended to operate as an electronic
signature under applicable law.