[mythtv-users] Problems with PVR 250

Steven J. Festa steve at spidermite.net
Thu Aug 28 10:23:11 EDT 2003

> are you actually having problems with it? mine works just fine and reads
> as:
>
> 00:0c.0 Multimedia video controller: Internext Compression Inc:
> Unknown device 0016 (rev 01)
>          Subsystem: Hauppauge computer works Inc.: Unknown device 4009
>          Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 32, IRQ 10
>          Memory at e4000000 (32-bit, prefetchable) [size=64M]
>          Capabilities: [44] Power Management version 2

Yes, I just tried xawtv and it echoed this error:

[steve at stranger steve]$ xawtv
This is xawtv-3.76, running on Linux/i686 (2.4.19-16mdk)
/dev/v4l/video0 [v4l]: ioctl VIDIOCGCAP: Invalid argument
no video grabber device available

I've tried the firmware from Hauppauge site and also the from the disc.

Thanks

Steve