[mythtv-users] MythDVD

rwk at americom.com rwk at americom.com
Thu Aug 28 09:36:58 EDT 2003

Hello,

MythDVD is great!  I am still trying to get ripped DVDs to play AC3
through my S/PDIF port but I'm sure I will figure it out.

What I would like to know however is...

Are there any plans to implement a DVD burner in MythDVD?

1. I have lots of episodes of Martha Stewart which my wife does not want
   me to delete and I am running out of disk space.  I would like to
   transcode them to mpeg4 and burn them to DVD.  (They are in mpeg2 now
   because I am using a PVR-250 and I couldn't get the new transcoder to
   work yet.)

2. I would also like to burn backup copies of my DVD movies.

Re: 1. above, can anyone suggest a reasonable work-around until a burner
is implemented?

Thanks,
Dick