[mythtv-users] Mythfrontend locking up

David Haughton david at agentx.org
Thu Aug 28 00:54:06 EDT 2003

I have had the frontend lock up on me in the conflict resolition
module.  After picking which show to record, it relatively consitiently
locks up with the blue background, the border, and the color key showing
but nothing else.  Switching to a virtual console and doing a "ps -ef |
grep myth" shows me 2 running frontend processes and no backend
processes.  It appears the backend crashes and the frontend locks up as
a result.  I can get back into mythtv by restarting the backend
(/etc/init.d/myth-backend start) and restarting gdm (/etc/init.d/gdm
restart).  When I return to the conflict resolution menu, it shows that
it saved my setting, so it got at least that far.

Any ideas?

-David