[mythtv-users] Add shutdown to bottom of main menu?

ray cielencki mythtv at rayslinky.com
Wed Aug 27 20:48:43 EDT 2003

i have an 8-in-1 remote (thats also jp1 <http://www.hifi-remote.com/jp1/> compatible)
and i have configured one of the extra keys as an additional lirc device. this key
functions with lircmd and i have defined irexec events on it as well:
STOP = killall mythfrontend ; mythfrontend &
FREEZE = poweroff
MOVE = reboot

ive been playing with dcop to try to switch windows, but am still having difficulty...
when i issue "dcop kwin KWinInterface nextDesktop" it switches to the next virtual
desktop, but the myth window comes back (as if it switches back). i havent looked
into this much, but im still playing with it.

just some thoughts,
/rayc