[mythtv-users] Full disk blues

Ian Forde ian at duckland.org
Wed Aug 27 16:56:06 EDT 2003

I was running cvs as of... say... last week, and the drive filled up.
No - I haven't done a lot with auto-expire.  In any case, the partition
had a few zero-byte png files in it, but the show entries were still in
"Watch recordings".  Unfortunately, I had "show preview" set to on, so
mythfrontend was having trouble letting me navigate through the entries
in order to delete the shows that didn't get a chance to record.

Would it make sense to have a check before showing the preview to see if
the nuv file is valid?  And offer the option to delete if it's not?
Otherwise, mythfrontend gets a little... well... squirrelly.  I had to
manually kill it a few times before figuring out I had to turn off
previews in setup, then go back into "watch recordings" and delete the
show(s).

Now, as a techie I suppose I could have just gone in and edited the
database and removed the offending files.  But since a full-disk
scenario could happen to anyone (meaning: including
not-too-linux/mysql-savvy folks) what would be a good UI response for
this scenario?

	-I