[mythtv-users] Slave Backends

rwk at americom.com rwk at americom.com
Wed Aug 27 22:58:15 EDT 2003

> First off, it is possible for two frontends to be watching LiveTV at the
> same time, each using one tuner.
> Secondly, I don't think your slave backend is working, or your master server
> isn't seeing the slave. (Is the master backend the only machine that needs
> to see the slave backends? That would make sense.)

I wish I knew...  I forgot to say that my slave backend is configured to
use NFS on the master backend's disks.

> You said you looked in the docs, by that I assume you meant you looked at
> this: http://www.mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO.html#toc20.13
> Is that correct?

Yes, I have followed the instructions exactly.

> Have you tried playing with the "Master Backend Override" option in the
> setup screen?

I did select this feature.  I haven't tried unselecting it.

> Other than this, you might wanna hope Isaac pops his head into this
> thread...

What I would like to understand is what the database should look like
and what I can do to diagnose what tuners the system is seeing.

Thanks for your reply!

Dick