[mythtv-users] tv card detection problems

Joe Votour joevph at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 27 12:45:23 EDT 2003

Red Hat 9 states that any BT8x8 card is a generic card
in the "new hardware wizard" (also known as kudzu).
When the bttv driver loads, if you do a "dmesg",
you'll see that it is infact detected as a Winfast
2000.

Note however that bttv doesn't properly detect the
correct tuner type, NTSC cards are thought to have PAL
tuners.  You'll need to add the option "tuner=2" to
your modprobe command, or if you're editing
/etc/modules.conf, then after the line where it loads
the bttv driver, put this in:
options bttv tuner=2

I'm using Red Hat 9 right now, and had no problems
with the Winfast 2000 XP.

-- Joe