[mythtv-users] Re: pcHDTV and HDTV

Brian Foddy bfoddy at visi.com
Wed Aug 27 12:19:20 EDT 2003

On Wed, 27 Aug 2003, Jarod C. Wilson wrote:
> Unfortunate digital to analog conversion necessary, but hey. (If only
> I'd waited a bit longer to get my HDTV, I woulda had one w/DVI in... :)

I hear you.  I got a 43" Hitachi in Feb, no DVI inputs.  My parents
just a couple weeks ago picked up a 51" Sony with DVI for almost
the same price.  But hey, I've had 7 months of enjoyment :)

Thanks for all the feedback on my question of component inputs.
Seems like it won't be a major stumbling block (I didn't think it would).
Now just need to collect some money, and get the hardware.

Personally, I waiting to see what the Athlon-64 and newer Xeons
look like before I make this jump.  I could realistically see
a dual cpu machine with 1-2 HD cards, perhaps another 1-2 normal
cards.  Since my current setup can already record 3 shows on one
machine, I doubt I'll want anything less.

Brian