[mythtv-users] Hardware decoding

Bob Copeland me at bobcopeland.com
Wed Aug 27 10:18:11 EDT 2003

> If I am reading this latest mythtv website news item correctly,
> then in the near future, it would only take up PCI slot for
> those folks who want a tv tuner but also do not have on board

Also, of course, you don't use as much CPU decoding if the
hardware is doing it for you.

I happen to be curious on a point though (please excuse my
ignorance about hardware): will the hardware decoders support
some DMA transfer mode where you can decode to the frame
buffer of the normal video card?  This could make the OSD
stuff easier and would also be handy for me since I have one
of the early revision PVR-250s that has the decoder but no
tv-out.

--
Bob Copeland %% www.bobcopeland.com