[mythtv-users] can I use xine (VeXP) instead of mplayer in myth?

and hons at rcn.com
Tue Aug 26 22:16:02 EDT 2003

You are right, and I don't really understand this as I'm not a code
person.
As I understood it they provide precompiled binary cle266 drivers for
some distros and VeXP hooks into it and that is why you can only use
VeXP on a few distros at the moment.
With an NDA from VIA sales you can get access according to their
opensource liaison guy I emailed with, so I guess you could get hold of
the mpeg2 code and integrate it in myth... ;-)

anders