[mythtv-users] Mythbackend

charriglists at joimail.com charriglists at joimail.com
Tue Aug 26 14:37:05 EDT 2003

Hi all,
   I've been trying to do some work on my laptop the other
day and needed to make some entries into the database.
Everything is loaded on the laptop(mythtv, sql database,
etc).  I understand that I didn't have a capture card in the
laptop so I didn't try running mythbackend or watching TV.
I started up mythfrontend and navigated to the epg,the epg
showed for a while then quit saying it couldn't connect to
the backend.  I guess what it boils down to is: Can I run
mythbackend without a capture card?  Can I run Mythepg
without mythbackend?  I even thought about digging up an old
usb web cam and try to set that up as a source.  Any ideas
would be welcomed.

Calvin