[mythtv-users] MythTV retuning to channel on channel change when it's the same channel (Patch incl.)

Isaac Richards ijr at po.cwru.edu
Tue Aug 26 14:56:01 EDT 2003

On Tuesday 26 August 2003 11:31 am, Chen Bekor wrote:
> Isaac,
>
> This is an amazing project and lots of energy is beeing put into this
> mailing list by you and others. My question is - why not use the bug
> list that sourceforge provides? Also, why not rely on many other
> SourceForge services?

I don't consider SourceForge a viable hosting provider.  For example,
anonymous CVS access is currently over 24 hours behind developer CVS -- this
makes verifying if a bug has been fixed quite impossible.  The mailing list
archives _suck_ and don't work 50% of the time.  Project web services go down
quite often.  Don't even get me started on the bug trackers.  Etc.  Etc.
Etc.

Oh, and I can do without the advertisements that get added to every email that
goes through their lists.

> I think this numbers doesn't reflect reality (MythTV Rocks!!). For a
> newbie to the SF website, Freevo looks better.

If someone's using those numbers to compare, they get what they deserve.  It
should be pretty obvious that the sourceforge project isn't used for mythtv
(only reason I have it set up at all is because I use the webspace for the
screenshots).

Isaac