[mythtv-users] can I use xine (VeXP) instead of mplayer in myth?

and hons at rcn.com
Mon Aug 25 23:34:42 EDT 2003

can I get mythtv to use VeXP (VIA clone of xine)?

I have an epia m10000 mb and the VeXP player allows me to use the mpeg
acc in the chipset, but it won't be of much use if I can't use it with
myth. For the same reason I want to switch to RH9 as I can get all the
video drivers and the VeXP.
Today I'm using debian and it quite impossible to make it work well
(video driver issues and mpeg acc missing)....maybe I'm just not very
good at this, but I've tried and have a few years fo debian behind me,
so this is har for me.... ;-)

Any thoughts or suggestions?

anders