[mythtv-users] XBOX Front-end Release 0.3

Dennis Cartier pvr at trigger.net
Tue Aug 26 00:49:05 EDT 2003

Hello,

I have uploaded a new version of my XBOX distro to my website
(http://bit.blkbk.com). Please read the README.

Changes:

- includes all the Myth modules for release 0.11
- patched DVD module included
- more themes

Downloading:

As usual, I have made this available through BitTorrent. If you do not have
a client go to (http://home.elp.rr.com/tur/) and get Shadow's latest
experimental client. Much nicer than the standard one. Also, once you are
done downloading, the longer you leave your client online, the faster the
rest of the other people downloading can complete their downloads.

If your download speeds seem low, make sure you have enough ports opened on
your firewall for BitTorrent to use. By default it attempts to use ports
6881 -> 6999. Opening only 1 port for it to use, will reduce your
performance.

Note, the compressed version is mainly meant for people who want to boot
from CD or have low disk space on their FatX partitions. Most people will
find that the uncompressed version is probably what they want.

Caveats:

I have included Mythgame, but I am not sure if I have everything required to
run it. If someone who is familiar with Mythgame could try it out for me, I
would appreciate it. Use the uncompressed version for this so you can mount
it read write and apt-get any missing dependencies.

Dennis Cartier

---
The man with tremendous wealth is a paradox: he has to be smart enough to
get it, yet stupid enough to want it. - Chesterton