[mythtv-users] harddrive suggestions?

mediaserver mediaserver at itestsolutions.com
Mon Aug 25 19:40:26 EDT 2003

Why not just go for a slower speed, higher drive volume drive?  Maxtor
offers a 5400rpm, 300GB drive right now for less than a buck a megabyte.
Even at 5400 rpm you're going to have plenty of throughput for watching
videos and listening to music.   Now if you were going to be building a
multiple streaming server, well then you might benefit from the higher
rotational speed and increase in data coming off of the disk.

'Pulley