[mythtv-users] Re: RH9 Mythmusic missing apt dependency?

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at physik.fu-berlin.de
Mon Aug 25 14:31:21 EDT 2003

On Sun, Aug 24, 2003 at 02:27:58PM -0700, Chris Petersen wrote:
> > After a bit of futzing around I found that mythmusic needs
> > libid3tag-devel installed because of a library dependency. Perhaps I'm a
> > bit naive but I thought the idea behind apt-get was to be able to
> > automatically resolve such issues. Should not the mythmusic package be
> > dependent on libid3tag-devel? Just curious. Once I figured out where to
> > find the libid3tag.so.0 library and installed it everything went without
> > a hitch.
>
> That's kind of weird, too..  since the -devel library should only be a
> BuildRequires, not a Requires - Axel?

I think Doug means libid3tag, not libid3tag-devel.

Doug: atrpms builds on rpms provided by Red Hat and freshrpms. This
means that you need to not only include atrpms in your sources list,
but also freshrpms and Red Hat proper. libid3tag is provided by
freshrpms.

I suggest to reinstall apt from atrpms (by the atrpms-kickstart
package for instance). It will enable access not only to atrpms,
freshrpms and Red Hat, but also NewRPMS, DAG, PlanetCCRMA and
JPackage.

Happy apting! :)
Axel.Thimm at physik.fu-berlin.de