[mythtv-users] Re: A mini-howto for upgrading to linux 2.6.0-test4

Jarod C. Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Mon Aug 25 04:29:25 EDT 2003

On Monday, Reza Naima wrote:

> In order to save people all the time I've spent dealing with upgrading
> rh9 to use a 2.6 kernel, I wrote this -- hope it helps someone :
>
> http://www.reza.net/mythtv/

Out of curiosity, did you ever try the 2.6 kernel rpms compiled by one
of Red Hat's kernel package maintainers?

http://people.redhat.com/arjanv/2.5/RPMS.kernel/

Arjan doesn't have -test4 there just yet, though...

Also, in reading over your docs, the last part about the grub entry for
the 2.6 kernel has a 2.4-at initrd image in it. I assume that isn't
correct... :)

--Jarod

--
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE