[mythtv-users] mythweb2 not really working, hmm any ideas?

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Sun Aug 24 23:16:33 EDT 2003

> If I go /mythweb2/movies.php I get just Warning: (null)() [ref.outcontrol]:
> Cannot change zlib.output_compression - headers already sent in Unknown on
> line 0

You may have to turn off the zlib stuff in the .htaccess - at least one
other person had trouble with this (but no problems from turning it on
in php.ini, which I suggest that you do if you disable it in the
.htaccess file).

> If I go mythweb2/settings_channels.php I get Warning at
> /var/www/html/mythweb2/includes/init.php, line 46: session_start()
> [function.session-start]:
> open(php_sessions/sess_8456ca958bc5b001433bd3c12026d33c, O_RDWR) failed:
> Permission denied (13)
> but the whole page shows.

Did you read the readme?  the php_sessions directory needs to be
writable by your webserver user or group.  Same with the image_cache
directory.

> Sometimes it even asks me to dl the php file (ie /mythweb2/help.php), but
> this only happens with Mythweb2 and it is in the root /html/ dir where all
> my other php scripts are like mythweb/ I don't understand why only this one
> is messed up?

hmm, help.php shouldn't even be in the archive - guess there are still a
few files left over from the original mythweb that I haven't deleted.

Anyway, make sure that you have "short open tags" enabled (I still
haven't gone through and pulled all of these out yet), and let me know
if any of the above helps your situation.

-Chris