[mythtv-users] HD space

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Sun Aug 24 22:47:03 EDT 2003

I'm sure others will reply with the same info, but I think he meant
"Hard Drive" when he said HD.

Low ranges are for lower resolution and Kbits/second.
Plan on 1-2 Gigs per hour using MPEG4 software encoding.  If you opt
for a hardware pvr-250 or pvr-350 card, plan for about 2-4 Gigs per
hour.

I've been recording 352x480 resolution at around 900 Megabytes per
hour and have a lower-resolution profile setup for some of my wife's
daily shows at 320x320 and they're only using about 650 Megabytes per
hour.  This is with software encoding.

My pvr-250 recordings are setup to use about 2 Gigs per hour I believe.

--

Chris