[mythtv-users] gentoo and font size

Cedar McKay cedarmckay at mac.com
Sun Aug 24 19:05:18 EDT 2003

I'm giving gentoo a whirl after using Red Hat for a while. I had a
pretty easy time with both the gentoo install and getting mythtv
installed. The one issue I'm having is that all the theme's font sizes
seem to be very small. I know that you can adjust the ui.xml theme
file, and I have, but I'm wondering why the fonts were unreadably small
at the default size on gentoo? The OSD fonts seem normal. If anyone can
give pointer I would appreciate it.

As for background system info:
well, it is a pretty stock gentoo install. I basically followed the
howto exactly, so I think my endpoint should be about what everyone
else's is. I'm up to date with emerge. I'm running the nvidia drivers,
same version as looked good on my RH install. My screen resolution is
set to 800x600 same as on the RH setup. Changing the resolution does
not seem to affect the font size.

thanks in advance,
Cedar