[mythtv-users] Newbie question

Jeff C tuner at hfx.eastlink.ca
Sun Aug 24 22:35:44 EDT 2003

At 11:27 AM 8/24/2003 -0600, you wrote:
>Hi
>
>I'm a complete newbie to Linux and Myth TV, but I'd really like to get a
>myth tv pvr up and running.
>
>My question is: is this realistic without any previous linux experience?

3 months ago, no, probably not.  Today, if you go with the exact hardware
recommended in specific, detailed setup docs (A good place to start would
be here:

Step-by-step guide to building a MythTV box under Red Hat Linux 9 with a
Hauppauge WinTV PVR-250

http://pvrhw.goldfish.org/tiki-page.php?pageName=rh9pvr250&PHPSESSID=d9c531cba56f4ba99e5dcfb70e5aed52

you should be able to do it.  There is a link to my slightly older and now
outdated doc that Jarod references around the section on getting the remote
from the 250 working, and I detail my specific hardware, which is still
working extremely well 3 months in.

Have a look at the docs in detail, and see if you are comfortable enough to
give it a shot.

-Jeff