[mythtv-users] Considering a MythTV

Kent Williams kent2 at optusnet.com.au
Mon Aug 25 10:25:39 EDT 2003

I'm also interested to hear people's responses to Jason's questions. I've just got Mythtv running on a p4 1.5ghz, but the video (live tv and playback) is extremely jerky (dma is enabled), however this may be due to the system only having 128mb ram (the problem is that it's rambus, too expensive for more). If the 'normal' Mythtv experience can be considered to be a replacement for a traditional VCR, providing at least equal quality, I was going to go out and buy a new system to be used as a backend/frontend then use the current system as a second front end.

Cheers,
Kent