[mythtv-users] recording every _day_ vs recording every week typo

Kirby Vandivort kvandivo at ks.uiuc.edu
Sun Aug 24 12:54:22 EDT 2003

OK.

The show is Gilmore Girls and, as some of you probably know, it is
on Sunday nights (old episodes) and tuesday nights (newer episodes).
I had set a tuesday night 'record this program in this timeslot
every week' recording.

>From the view conflicts screen, I note that it is actually not set
to be recorded this coming tuesday.  Big Brother 4 has a higher
priority so the gilmore girls actually isn't going to be recorded.
Perhaps this is leading to the problem.  *shrug*  That channel is
_not_ recording that time every day.

>From the program guide (I only have one week of tuesdays in the guide
data, so I can't check farther out than that) gilmore girls has a
'T' down in the corner in a circle. (whereas big brother and 8 simple
rules have a 'C', and dog eat dog has an 'A').  If I hit the space
bar on gilmore girls, it tells me that the selected record method
is 'record only this showing of the program'.  I can move it to
'record every week' and when I go back to it, it has reset itself to
'record only this showing'.

Kirby