[mythtv-users] Audio stuttering

Owen B. Mehegan owen at nerdnetworks.org
Sun Aug 24 01:32:11 EDT 2003

Adding some fans in my case seems to have helped it keep from crashing,
so now I'm on to working on getting audio.

I've connected the patch cable from the audio out of my tuner card to
the line in on my sound card. At first, I got no audio when watching
live TV. I verified that the sound card was set up right by playing an
mp3 using mpg123 - it outputs to the TV speakers, no problem. Then I
went back and read the MythTV documentation again, and saw the
information about setting capture sources for your various audio
settings. I followed these steps:

$ amixer set Master,0 100%,100% unmute
$ amixer set Line,0 75%,75% mute captur
$ amixer set Capture,0 100%,100% mute captur
$ su
# alsactl store
# exit

Now when I watch live TV, I hear a modulated stuttering sound; doesn't
sound like the TV audio at all, and when I use the [ and ] keys to
change the volume, I don't hear any difference in the sound that's
coming out of the speakers. Anyone know what I could be doing wrong?

--
Owen B. Mehegan <owen at nerdnetworks.org>