[mythtv-users] Mythvideo + Xine/Mplayer + LIRC

Chris B news at semperpax.com
Sun Aug 24 02:38:27 EDT 2003

Bryan,

I think posting your ~/.lircrc would be useful.
mplayer (as far as I know, I use Xine) is using native lirc, too, so is
independent of irxevent. Could it be that you use a non-standard lirc
socket? It should be /dev/lircd. I think I remember I had to "chmod 666"
it , too.

Regarding my problem, looks like a commit to MythVideo just popped up
that might exactly solve it :-)