[mythtv-users] Problems with TV audio after upgrading to 0.11

Joe V joevph at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 23 12:06:46 EDT 2003

Chris,

In terms of the audio, how do you have your cables
hooked up?  Are you using a monitor or TV?  Also, your
choice of using the CD line to record is interesting.
Do you not have a Line-In or something?  ALSA or OSS?

As for the channels, if you're in North America, I can
suggest that you re-run setup and blow everything
away.  Make sure that you're selecting the proper ZIP
code and provider - if your provider is not listed,
then it might not be possible to get the channels to
line up properly (the area that I live in has multiple
providers, for instance).

-- Joe

--- Chris Poch <cpoch at vt.edu> wrote:

---------------------------------
    I set up my Myth box again two days ago after
moving.  The first thingI did after setting it up was
upgrade from 0.10 to 0.11.

Before moving, I used a cheap antenna with the Myth
box (hey, the localcable company was so bad that I
could get a better picture with a $5antenna).  Now,
I'm at college, and have cable in my dorm.  I
changedall the settings in Myth over so that it does
cable tuning and getslocal listings (even though none
of them line up with the channels Iactually get . . .
I guess I'll have to look in to that later).
Theproblem is that now there's no sound when watching
TV or recording. Using MythMusic or watching a
previously recorded show works fine, butlive TV has no
audio.  I've played with the mixer settings, and can
getsound directly from the TV tuner card (plugged into
the motherboard'sCD in connector).  The CD in is set
as the record source, with 70%volume (and muted).  The
master and PCM volume controls are also set to70% and
are not muted.  I'm fairly confident that the problems
have todo with upgrading to 0.11.

Potentially important configuration details:
Shuttle SK41G (using onboard audio through the analog
output and TV out)
3dfx/STB PCI TV Tuner (recycled from a Dell PIII 450)
Red Hat 9 with RH 2.4.20-18-9 kernel
MythTV 0.11 with MythMusic, MythVideo, MythDVD,
MythGallery workingperfectly

Anyone have any ideas about how to get in sync (not
direct from the TVtuner) audio working for live TV and
recording?  Also, any ideas aboutways to make the
channel numbers in the program guide line up with
theactual channels in my cable feed?  Thanks!
-Chris