[mythtv-users] problems transcoding: chipmunk audio w/ matching profiles

Richard Lee-Morlang rick at webtownis.bc.ca
Fri Aug 22 16:31:35 EDT 2003

On Fri, 2003-08-22 at 12:01, Richard Lee-Morlang wrote:

> I tried my first few transcodes yesterday and I ran into a few
> problems.
>
> Chipmunk Audio
> The transcode that worked, sort of, was hopefully a conversion from
> RTJPEG to MPEG4 with a cutlist. The cutlist part worked, but the audio
> and video were both accelerated. I searched through the mailing list
> and found the comments about mismatching audio profiles, but in
> checking my settings, all my audio profiles are set to 44100, and I
> don't recall changing the settings on any relevant profiles recently.
> Is there anything else that might cause this? I will continue to
> experiment....

Further experimentation involved a new recording and a new transcode,
ensuring everything was set to 44100. I ended up with the exact same
problem.

Could something be using a different bitrate despite the settings, and
if so, how should I go about confirming that? Is there a utility that
dumps nuv headers?

Rick