[mythtv-users] Question for MythGame-ers

Joseph A. Caputo jcaputo1 at comcast.net
Fri Aug 22 11:04:57 EDT 2003

Well, judging by the recent traffic regarding MythGame and xmame, there must
be at least a few people out there using this combination, so I have a
question for you folks:  does anyone have an analog joystick working with
ALSA?  I have 2 different analog gameport joysticks and 2 soundcards (one
on-board CMI8738-based, and one CS46xx-based Hercules Fortissimo III).  I
can't seem to get any combination of soundcard/joystick to work.  The best
I've done is to get it to recognize the joystick buttons, but not stick
motion.  It's been a while since I last tried, but I think I even tried the
OSS drivers to no avail.  I'm using RH8 with a vanilla 2.4.20 kernel, ALSA
0.9.3.  I can't seem to get any help from the ALSA community or the input
core driver author/maintainer.

Anybody have any suggestions?

TIA,

JAC