[mythtv-users] mkmovie problem

Russ Southern russ.southern at cox.net
Thu Aug 21 12:19:33 EDT 2003

On Thu, Aug 21, 2003 at 10:03:50AM -0400, Dana Hata wrote:
> Mkmovie seems to do nothing when trying to encode.  I ran 'mkmovie - noisy',
> selected my output filenames, and then hit E to begin encoding, and it spits
> out the following output and quits.  The resulting output file is always
> around 76598 bytes, no matter the input file.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Dana J Hata
>
> [root at localhost danahata]# mkmovie -noisy
>  Channel ID: 2011
>  Start Time: Aug 19, 2003 at 01:00AM
>    End Time: Aug 19, 2003 at 02:00AM
>       Title: Star Trek: Voyager
>   Sub-Title: Author, Author
> portrayal of the Voyager crew.
> Obtaining framecount...Done! -  frames
> CUT LIST=
> INCLUDE LIST: 0:

This is a pretty busy morning at work, so I can't look at it much, but the
basic problem here is mkmovie's inability to get a framecount.  Since it
doesn't know what the last frame is, the include list is wrong.

It doesn't look like an mpeg file, but let me be sure - are you using a
hardware encoder card?  If so, you'll need a mkmovie patch that has yet to
be included in the distribution.

Run "mplayer -identify" on the file.  Post or offline me the output and I'll
try to help.

Russ