[mythtv-users] Is anyone using dual pvr-250's?

Dennis Cartier pvr at trigger.net
Wed Aug 20 23:58:10 EDT 2003

I operate 2 backends, each with dual PVR-250's. Works great. Setup only
requires passing in the device you are trying to change (E.g. /dev/video,
/dev/video1) when using test_ioctl to set the initial parameters.

> I'm running the frontend and backend on a Athlon XP 2500 with two 120
> GB Seagate drives on separate buses, 512 MB dual channel DDR and a
> GeForce 4 440MX video card.  Should should be plenty of horse power,
> correct?

Ummm ... yes, way overkill actually. 1 of my backends, the main one
actually, is a P2 350. The other one is a P3-500. The PVR-250's use very
little CPU power actually. You just need plenty of disk I/O.

Dennis