[mythtv-users] Recording composite video

Dane Kantner webmaster at dddane.com
Wed Aug 20 16:53:32 EDT 2003

Don't quote me on anything... i haven't done this, but have read over it in
the docs, i know its all in there (somewhere)...

"C" switches inputs ...

how you're recording from it kinda depends on what you record.  you could
manually record if it was something other than live TV.... if you're
recording scheduled TV or something, you can run ./setup and assign your
cable provider to the composite input... if the input on the composite
changes (e.g., its a cable box hooked up), you need something to set the
channel on the cable box (or be really persistant and thoughtful)... in
general there are two ways... an IR blaster or a serial link.  If you're
always using the same channel, I would edit the .xmltv file to only contain
the channel you have on it.  If you want only a few channels (e.g., premium
channels) to be recorded from the attached component source, comment all out
but that particular one.

there is also a "mythchannels" module that might have some features you
want... its not finished and hasn't made it to cvs yet, so you'll have to
dig in the dev archive for the URL.  I'm thinking it might be useful to be
able to schedule non-TV stuff... e.g, i think you can create virtual
channels and things to simulate time slots (?) ...

-dane

---
dddane.com
---