[mythtv-users] Re: Has anyone setup v4l2 succesfully?

Colin Armstrong colin at carolnrob.net
Wed Aug 20 15:40:39 EDT 2003

Well, the reason I say that the .config was not included with the ATrpms
kernel is because I tried to compile something and it failed because of
now .config file. Now it easily could have been in a abnormal place, but
at least for me it was not in the normal place. Also, sorry for the
confusion about the kernel recompile; I didn't have to patch the ATrpms
kernel with V4L2; I had to patch the stock kernel with V4L2. And about
it made life worse; I meant that it just made it harder to compile
software. Red Hat patches their kernels so much already that not too
many things are done normally inside of a Red Hat kernel. For me at
least, the extra patches that are in the ATrpms kernel made the kernel
even more unstable than usual fore me.
Colin