[mythtv-users] MythDVD transcoding question

Joseph Caputo caputo at qedinfo.com
Wed Aug 20 16:44:14 EDT 2003

Hi,

OK, I have MythDVD installed (from CVS of last Monday, 8/11), and I'm trying
to rip a DVD.  If I do a 'Perfect' rip, it's fine -- I get a ~7GB MPEG-2
file, right in my MythVideo storage directory.  If I select 'Excellent'
quality, after the rip it says 'Transcode is thinking...' for a short while
(definitely not long enough to transcode a movie), then it just exits, and I
have no file; nothing -- not even the temporary 'Perfect' rip.  I know that
my 'transcode' installation works because I rip DVDs all the time with the
(very nice) dvd::rip GUI package (which uses transcode).  I can see in the
log & output that mtd & MythDVD are using dvdtranscode profile #2.  There
are no error messages in the mtd.log, it just says it's finished.

Any ideas on where to start?  I'm a bit late this week upgrading to latest
CVS (usually do it every Monday), so maybe that will help, but I don't
recall seeing anything on the -commits list for this (specifically, anyway).

TIA,

JAC