[mythtv-users] OT: Digital-cable devices could hit retail

Keith C linux at keithandjill.com
Wed Aug 20 11:50:31 EDT 2003

It might be slightly off-topic, but I think I heard a cheer echo across
the list.

I for one upgraded to digital cable when I got a 3 month free premium
deal, then promptly downgraded back to analog when it was over.  It
wasn't worth the hassle it caused my TiVo (and that Friends episode I
missed when the channel change didn't go through - back when Friends was
worth watching).

Since this standard is just now being looked at, lets hope it also
includes HDTV stuff.  Ah, the dream of a PVR box being able to handle
digital and HD content without another box from my cable company and a
kludgy blaster.

Keith