[mythtv-users] Re: Redhat 9, Mythgame (0.10 and 0.11) and MAME

kf0yn at mchsi.com kf0yn at mchsi.com
Wed Aug 20 11:33:48 EDT 2003

> "x11-mode 1" is fullscreen DGA mode, which requires root privs.
> "fullscreen" is fullscreen Xv. There doesn't appear to be an intentional
> non-fullscreen option.

With xmame 0.72.1, it works like this:

-x11-mode 0  normal X11 window
-x11-mode 1  fullscreen DGA
-x11-mode 2  windowed Xv
-x11-mode 3  fullscreen Xv

The correct replacement for "-fullscreen" is now "-x11-mode 3", and non-
fullscreen is specified by "-x11-mode 0" or "-x11-mode 2", but the latter
is the closest to the default behavior in earlier xmame versions.

I prefer using Xv rather than DGA for a couple reasons:

1. DGA requires root privileges
2. DGA requires you to set up lots of esoteric video modes

Depending on the hardware you're using for TV output, (2) can
be problematic.

Carl Fongheiser
kf0yn at mchsi.com