[mythtv-users] "Vertical bands" in picture

Joe V joevph at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 20 04:14:25 EDT 2003

I haven't experienced this, but check to make sure
that bttv is properly detecting your tuner.

I have a Leadtek Winfast 2000 XP card, and bttv for
some reason always misdetects the tuner (it thinks
that it's a PAL tuner, it's an NTSC).  I have to
manually specify the option "tuner=2" when I load in
bttv.

If I don't do this, then I end up with a green picture
with snow.

-- Joe